Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Just want a Band-Aid


I Just want a Band-Aid
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:8-9
We do ourselves no favors in justifying our deeds or glossing over our sins. Some time ago my son Noah got stung by a bee in his foot. I took him to the sink and set out some tweezers, ointment, and a Band-Aid.
He didn't like what he saw. "I just want the Band-Aid, Daddy."
Sometimes we are just like Noah. We come to Christ with our sin, but all we want is a covering.
We want to skip the treatment. We want to hide our sin. And one wonders if God, even in his great mercy, will heal what we conceal.
How can God heal what we deny?
How can God touch what we cover up?

No comments: