Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Shall Not be Moved

He only is my rock and my salvation: He is my defense; I shall not be moved. Psalm 62:6

Here is a big question.
What is God doing when you are in a bind? When the lifeboat springs a leak? When the rip cord snaps? When the last penny is gone before the last bill is paid? When your tract is rejected? When you look like a fool for speaking out and standing up? When ...
I know what we are doing. Nibbling on nails like corn on the cob. Pacing floors. Doubting our calling, doubting the power of the Gospel, and doubting God.

But what does God do?. . .
He fights for us. He steps into the ring and points us to our corner and takes over. "Remain calm; the LORD will fight for you" (Exodus. 14:14).

His job is to fight. Our job is to trust and be faithful. He is the Author and Finisher of our faith. He will complete the work which He started.

Just trust. Not direct. Or question.

Our job is to abide and allow God to be God in all things.

No comments: